me in

30

words

·iPhone ·teacher ·learner ·life ·non-fat no-whip mocha ·travel ·canadian ·early mornings ·family ·friends ·easy going ·organization ·adventures ·dreams ·bootcamp ·sun ·rain ·aspirations ·technology ·geocaching ·naps ·happiness ·sweet tooth

February 20, 2013

A Little Unconventional


Take52 Challenge – Week 6

From my experience, just last weekend, I can let you know that those “brilliant” ideas for photographs that appear in the wee-hours of the morning, when you’ve spent the night with friends aren’t always the best.  The photographs will most certainly wind up “unconventional” but not really what you’re looking for.

Last fall, I discovered an unconventional berry, or what I assumed was a berry on some dead bushes.  Nothing to special, but they caught my attention.  While on a walk along the river this weekend, I discovered these “berries” again.  Why would a berry be unconventional?  Well, I’m used to seeing round red berries, blue berries, among others.  However, I have never seen popcorn on bushes.  That’s right popcorn. 




Aperture Priority; ISO 3200; Shutter 1/4000; Aperture f5.6; Focal Length 35mm; ev -1.0; WB - Daylight


Not only did I have the opportunity to photograph a little unconventional berry, or maybe it was unconventional popcorn.  I also had the opportunity to take a little unconventional photograph of a couple portrait.  It was a great walk along the river spent with Jeremy, in the gorgeous sunshine.  It was so sunny, unusual for Vancouver this time of year, that we were wearing our sunglasses.  If you knew me, you’d know I’m “obsessed” with looking at myself.  I don’t go out of my way to do it, but there just something about catching a glimpse of myself that I just can’t stop.  This inspired me to take a photograph of my reflection in Jeremy’s sunglasses. 

It turns out that although I like being able to look at myself, I like being able to see Jeremy’s smile.  I can read his facial expressions so well, that behind those glasses I can see it resonating through. 

I couldn’t choose which photograph of us I liked more, so they are both included.  The first one I like the balance in the contrast, and being able to see Jeremy’s skin tone.  Yet, you can’t make out the details in the reflections.  The second one, I like the stark contrast, how Jeremy is washed-out and you can see the details of me in the reflection.






Manual Priority; ISO 3200; Shutter 1/4000; Aperture f14; Focal Length 80mm; ev -3.0; WB - Daylight



Manual Priority; ISO 3200; Shutter 1/1250; Aperture f5.6; Focal Length 80mm; ev -3.0; WB - Daylight

Should mention…that is was so bright out that I was not able to see what was appearing on my LCD screen.  And didn’t realize that I had completely neglected to adjust my ISO for the bright sun.  Again, the ISO shuts me down.

As always I welcome any thoughtful critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment